Whats in Boredom Breaker?

Oh, "Why am I back at blogging" I hear you ask.... I just need a place to get rid of excess time so HERE I AM....blog...blog...blog...about everything from everyday lives, off and on thoughts, silly events happening around, book reviews, movie reviews...basically everything that envelopes around my everyday living!

Messages for FyiL12...


Powered By Blogger

CLICK ME...CLICK ME!!

BORED BOARD

Announcement:
Boredom Breaker is now also accessible via AliveNotDead

I have took down posts I wrote about a recent incident at home. If you still wanna have a read, leave me a message and I'll see what I can do....

THE RIGHT WAY TO COOK INSTANT NOODLE




Well, as those who knows me will understand one fact about me. That I am a real sucker when it comes to instant noodles. I have a weird addiction for them all the time!! My fave....korean ones like Shin Ramyun and Nong Shim, the local Malaysian brands, Maggi (Curry flavour) and Mee Poh and the latest craze, prawn mee flavour from IbuMee; and also Indon ones like IndoMee. Not only that they are good with soup, you can even stirfry them with the powder for that extra omphhhh!


When it's getting chilly outside, I wish I had a bowl of Kimchi flavoured korean instant noodle waiting for me....

When it's midnight and my stomach suddenly start crying for food,
the first thought that comes out will be to cook a yummy bowl of hot instant noodle.....

And wherever I am, whenever it is, ask me if I want instant noodle and I will never ever say NO! (putting aside the fact that it's bad for health and the occasional guilt for having too many of them)


I used to cook them the usual way anyone would cook:

1. Boil water
2. Pour powder in
3. Put noodle
4. Occasionally put some vege or crack an egg
5. Viola....INSTANT NOODLE DOODLE!


And one day I suddenly decide that I wanna change the way I cook and add an extra step. Cyn told me once that instant noodle contains wax which takes our body 3-4 days to excrete that wax off. So light bulb came up my brains that those extra steps would make the instant noodle meal 'healthier' than usual...I know lar, regardless of what method of cooking, it's still unhealthy lar.... I did so partly so that I have less guilt in me.


NEW METHOD:

1. Boil water
2. Put noodle in
3. Wake for noodle to soften
4. Drain noodle, put under cold running water.
5. Drain, set aside.
6. Boil water again....
7. Pour powder into it
8. Add vege or egg or meat etc etc...
9. Pour hot soup onto noodle.


Ok lar...it wasn't just an extra step....it was a few more steps but trust me....it IS indeed the healthier way of eating noodle!!! Pouring away the water u used to cook the noodle reduces the amount of wax you eat in. Because when the noodle is cooking, the wax falls into the water, and imagine using that same water to cook the soup as well.....all the wax that's going in your body....ewwwwww.....

SO, REMEMBER....THOSE EXTRA STEPS GOOOOES A LOOOOOOOONG WAY!
AND YUMMMMM.....INSTANT NOODLE....


1 remarks:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean "wait for noodles to soften" ...not "wake" for noodles to soften, XD